Anyone know how to set to use DHCP with Revolution?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Tue Oct 1 15:41:01 EDT 2002

If I drag the Network Scripting file in Mac OS 9 to the Script Editor, I get
a whole Applescript dictionary of commands to control the user's Networking
preferences.   What I'd like to do is somehow get Revolution to talk to
Applescript to then set the user's Network control panel to use DHCP.
Perhaps there's a way to get Revolution to access this directly?

I've found the Network Scripting dictionary to be very confusing.   Is there
a Networking guru on this list who can tell me what the secret commands are
within that dictionary to set the user's network control panel to DHCP?
Here's the vast array of commands:

Class TCPIP v4 configuration: A TCP/IP v4 configuration
Plural form:
     TCPIP v4 configurations
Elements:
     router address by numeric index, as a range of elements
     name server address by numeric index, as a range of elements
     search domain by numeric index, as a range of elements
Properties:
     <Inheritance>  configuration   -- See the class “configuration” for
more properties
     connecting via  Ethernet/MacIP/PPP   -- the port or connection method of
this configuration...
     connecting via  string   -- ...or a port name   (may be locked)
     configuration method  BootP/DHCP/MacIP manual/MacIP
server/manual/RARP/PPP server   -- the configuration method of this
configuration (may be locked)
     IP address  string   -- the IP address of this configuration (may be
locked)
     subnet mask  string   -- the IP subnet mask of this configuration (may
be locked)
     implicit search start  string   -- the implicit starting search domain
of this configuration (may be locked)
     implicit search end  string   -- the implicit ending search domain of
this configuration (may be locked)
     DHCP client ID  string   -- applies only if the configuration method is
DHCP (may be locked)
     MacIP server zone  string   -- only applies if ‘connecting via’ is
MacIP (may be locked)
     uses IEEE8023  boolean   -- Does this configuration use the 802.3
protocol? (may be locked)
     protocol  TCPIP v4   [r/o]   -- the protocol of this configuration (the
constant ‘TCPIP v4’)
     administration password  string   -- the password of this configuration
(write only)
     user mode  basic/advanced/administration   -- the user mode of this
configuration