combining cards from stacks

Bernard Devlin revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Fri Nov 29 03:29:01 EST 2002

> open card x in stack y

Monte, if this meets my criteria, it is a truly elegant solution.  I can cycle
through the user's selected stacks, and open each card in the central stack.

However, I just tried it, and what seems to happen is it seems to open the
stack in the window of another stack.

For example, if I type this into the message box:

open "card id 1075" of "stack A" in "stack B"

the card appears to open in Stack B, however _the title_ of stack B becomes
"Stack A", and all the cards from Stack A are there.

Strangely enough "open" does not appear at all in the "Transcript Dictionary",
but can be found by searching the documentation, where it appears to be a
synonym for "go".  The "go" command does refer to opening stacks in other
windows.

I'm a bit confused by this command.  I went to the Google search of this list
and "open card" did not turn up many resources there, so I think others on the
list may also benefit from further discussion/investigation into this.

I have the suspicion that if I open the cards from say Stack C then these cards
will over-write the cards in Stack B, or at the very least over-write the title
of the stack.  If the cards are not over-written, I guess I could just change
the title back again after loading all the stacks.