Controls of Stack

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Nov 23 13:57:01 EST 2002

Monte, et al:

Some followup thoughts re dialog, Menu, & toolTip translation:

In Serendipity Library all single-line & single-word messages, menu &
menuItem names, and toolTips are stored in one Library field which
can be loaded from/to a text file.  The field is loaded into a local
variable, sdbMessages, which is accessed by the sdbMessage function
as I described in "RE: 31142 lines/cards/records" on the 21st (second
example).

Serendipity Reference stores such items in its database, English
Reference Text.sdb.  You can look at the Change Translation Database
menuPick to see how it is handled.

Because SDB Utilities is meant to be run as a standalone, it updates
menus & toolTips from sdbMessages every time it opens...see the stack
preOpenStack logic.

http://www.oenolog.com/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm

--

Rob Cozens