General Lists vs Special Lists

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Nov 22 20:12:01 EST 2002

Dear miscdas,

"Sin in haste, repent at leisure:"

I have spent much of this day trying to find the best way to
apologize to you, and searching for justification for what I
ultimately concluded was totally inexcusable behavior on my part.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and you deserved a
courteous, thoughtful reply like you got from everyone but me.

I have no excuse...it is (to use today's vernacular) so NOT what I'm
all about.  I hope as time passes and we get to know each other
better, you will agree.

If you are angry with me, you have a right, and if you would like to
vent privately, I promise a courteous, conciliatory reply (or I will
wimp out and not replay: but hopefully, you'll feel better anyway).

Rob

To All List Members:

If I can't demonstrate good List behavior, I should be pointed to as
an example of what is inappropriate  behavior on the kind of Balanced
List I described.

Confrontation is not the way to win the hearts and minds of fellow
list members.  Such behavior on a continuing & unrepentant basis
should be cause for dismissal from the List.

I consider myself warned, down one strike, and on probation.

If I can't find a non-confrontational way to respond, I won't respond at all.

I grovel in mortification.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company