General Lists vs Special Lists

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Fri Nov 22 06:19:01 EST 2002

> I trust in Heather to keep this from becoming a General List.

Why, thank you Rob. Actually, it's the good folks on the list who make it
what it is. The amount of cheerful, friendly, incredibly erudite advice that
gets dispensed round here never ceases to astound me. Personally, I enjoy
the occasional off topic thread - though the operational word there is
occasional - as I think do most folk. When people start getting irritated is
when to stop however. As, I think, we all know.

> I give fair warning to Erik,  miscdas, and anyone else who wants to
> make this into a Special List: I will fight you every step of the way.

Rob, if I thought you were planning to start posting regularly on politics,
artwork and the state of the nation, those words would alarm me... Since we
all have seen and benefited from your regular, excellent, on topic postings,
I think I should be safe to leave it entirely up to your own good judgement.

A little bit of sugar now and then helps the coding go better.

Can I just slip in a reminder here about html formatting? Please, plain text
only for your postings, turn off all that fancy formatting before you hit
send. It's very indigestible for those folks who don't get single messages.

Oh, and my contribution to the off topic list... How about novel writers?

Regards,

Heather

--
Heather Williams <heather at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>