Can I do "Digest Authentification"

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Nov 19 18:28:01 EST 2002

On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 03:35 PM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Just so I'm not re-inventing the wheel here, I'm not on Revolution 2.0
> yet - - - if I were to upgrade to Rev 2.0, would it make my life any
> easier trying to pass XML data to a device that needs Digest
> Authentification over TCP/IP?

Do you need to include a few lines like this one in your payload?

<setup ip="10.200.200.5" voltage="4.95" utility="chocolate" />

Then I wouldn't bother getting XML tools.

But, if you need to create complex nested structures that change quite a
bit or need to worry about DTDs and other things, then one might help.
I think Ken Ray has something that might help at
http://www.sonsothunder.com (no f in sonsothunder) at a great price.
(Another one of those "I've never used it, but it should work." lines.)

Dar Scott