Serendipity Library Update 20021116

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Nov 18 14:00:00 EST 2002

Hi All,

Serendipity Library Update 20021116 is now available at
http://www.oenolog.com/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm

The principal focus of this update is a new stack, ClickClock.rev,
which contains a scripted animated gif image that can be used to
capture & display analog time.  ClickClock is scripted without calls
to Serendipity Library handlers; so it can be used and distributed
without the Library or any of its accompanying files.  Because of
this, ClickClock documentation and sample handlers are included in
the one-card stack rather than in Serendipity Reference.

The only other change in this update is the addition of a readOnly
argument to the openSDBFile command.  Since SDB does not allow
multiple write access but can support multiple read-only access, this
allows developers to enforce read-only restrictions in the same db
front end stack used by the user with write access.

If you have previously downloaded the Library and are not interested
in the SDB update, you can download ClickClock.rev.sgz individually
and decompress it using SDB Utilities.

A final note: I was disappointed and relieved to find RunRev would
not let me change the size of the animated gif.  Disappointed because
I found the individual gifs retained "reasonable" quality over a
"reasonable" range of expansion (shrinking would put the hot spots
too close together); relieved because it gives me an excuse not to
rewrite the mouseUp handler to define hot spots on the fly: not only
am I lagging behind schedule in OenoLog conversion, I'm going to have
to put all Rev stuff on back burner while I update Fed/state W/H
tables and electronic W2 reporting code for the owners of the
accounting system I support.

Thanks as always to translators  Jose L. Rodriguez Illera,  Terry
Vogelaar, Yves Coppé, and Klaus Major.

--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company