use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #487 - 6 msgs

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Thu Nov 14 17:39:01 EST 2002

I'm creating a program that plays some ".aif" audio (22KHz, 16bit,
mono). I'm having a problem getting a particular file to play back in a
consistent manner. Using Transcript, I set the filename of a player
object to the audio file and then tell the player to play. I then set
it to another file and play the player again. It seems only to happen
to one particular file and then only in this manner:

The first time I set the filename to file 1 and play the player, I get
no audio. The second time I do.

Then I set the filename to file 2 and play the player. It always plays.

Then I set the filename back to file1 and play the player. No audio. I
do it again and it works.

I've set the filename and played the player using the message box and
have found identical behavior: The first time I play the player, no
audio results. I play it again and it's fine even without setting the
filename.

So the filename is getting placed in the proper manner. I've even tried
adding a "wait until messages" and even a "wait 1 second" line of code
just in case there are things happening I'm not seeing, but the result
is the same.

Have I run into a "wait until Rev 2.0" issue?

I'm running OSX 10.2.2 on a dual-867 G4 with 512MB RAM and Rev 1.1.1.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry