Open Program with RR

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 03:36:01 EST 2002

--- erik hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Check out the 'launch' command. Set the script
> of your mainStack to something like:
> >
> > on openStack
> >   -- open companion application
> >   launch "MyFavouriteApp"
> > end openStack
>
> this is embarrassing.
> after completing the tutorials and perusing the
> Transcript files, i can't figure out how to
> implement:
>
> on startup
>   start using stack "A"
>   start using stack "B"
>   start using stack "C"
> end startup
>
> as an HC MC refugee, i only know to put these in
> a "Home" stack script. evidently RR has a
> different approach. how DO you get the prelims
> taken care of? thank you.

Hi Erik,

It's okay to feel a bit confused/bedazzled ; as a
fellow ex-HC-user I know how some things take quite a
bit of getting used to.
But it's well worth the effort. RR is great and
version 2.0 will be even better. *cheers*

Back to your question : move the 'start using' bits
into the 'openStack' handler of your mainStack.
It might be a good idea to keep track of whether or
not they were in the stacksInUse and in the
'closeStack' handler only 'stop using' them if they
weren't open to begin with.

Again, if you want them automatically used at every
starup of RR, you'll need to build some sort of
plug-in ; if no volunteers show up by saturday, I'll
script+post a plug-in for this over the weekend.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====