Several questions about the Menu Mgr

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Mon Nov 11 22:30:00 EST 2002

At 9:51 AM -0800 11/11/02, Gareth Jones wrote:
>I did read Richard Gaskins' recent e-mail about hierarchical menus.
>where he seemed to say that entering <tab)menuname would do it. If I
>type <tab>menuname into the Menu Manager, however, the resulting menu
>item shows in the main menu as "ab>menuname" ... and if I press the
>tab key, it just pops into the next text entry field, so that doesn't
>work :-)

Not literally "<tab>" - a tab character.

In the Menu Manager, you can insert the tab character by selecting the menu
item, then clicking the right-arrow icon to the right of the menu name (its
tooltip is "Make the selected menu item into a submenu item"). If you're
building the menu in a handler, you'd use something like
  put "First Item" & tab & return & "Subitem" & return \
     & "Last Item" into button "File"

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/