copyrighted Runtime Revolution in MacOSes?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Mon Nov 11 22:29:01 EST 2002

At 1:19 AM -0800 11/8/02, Wolfgang M. Bereuter wrote:
>>> Your App Ife says that it is copyrighted Runtime Revolution (Get
>>> Info): I think you wan to change that to the name of your compny or
>>> your own name.
>>> ---
>
>What can I do to to change that.

For Mac OS builds, you need to use ResEdit (or a similar utility) to change
the vers resource. Opening this resource in ResEdit, you'll see fields and
popup menus that are fairly self-explanatory. (The part that is visible in
Get Info is the "Long Version String" in the vers resource.)

For OS X builds, again use ResEdit, and open the plst resource. There is no
ResEdit template for this resource, so you'll see hexadecimal data on the
left and the text equivalent on the right. Select all the text, copy it,
and paste it into a text editor. You'll see that it is simply XML. Find the
NSHumanReadableCopyright key near the bottom. In the string just below it,
substitute your copyright data. When you're done, copy the text and paste
it back into the right-hand text column in ResEdit, then save the
application.

(OS X builds also have a vers resource, which appears in Mac OS, and you
will probably want to change this too.)

(The 2.0 Distribution Builder has new options to set all this when you
build your distribution, so this is only needed for 1.1.1.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/