Web Access

Dan Shafer dan at danshafer.com
Sun Nov 3 13:21:01 EST 2002

At 12:02 PM -0500 11/3/02, Gary Aitcheson wrote:
>When I use "revGoURL "http://www.pageName.com"" I get "Internet
>Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page
>might be temporarily unavailable".
>
>I have RR 1.1.1 under XP with a DSL connection and Yahoo as my
>default browser.
>
>Any suggestions?

IWOMM. (It Works on My Machine). :-)

As long as I give the revGoURL command a valid Web page address in
quotation marks, this works every time. I tested it under Mac OS X
and Windows 2000.

So, perhaps you're giving an invalid URL. For example, the one in
your email (which I'm sure was just by way of example) *will* produce
the error you describe because there *is* no such URL as
www.pageName.com. In fact, that appears to me to be about the *only*
thing that could be going wrong here because the error message you're
describing is not generated by RR but rather by Internet Explorer,
which is your default browser (you've set  Yahoo! as your default
home page, but Yahoo! is not a browser.)

Try

revGoURL "http://www.runrev.com" and I bet it works.

If not, then something more serious is going on.
--
How smart do you work? What's your TQ (Time Quotient)?