Classic Carbon OSX OS9

Rolf Kocherhans rolfk at vetvir.unizh.ch
Wed May 15 08:10:01 EDT 2002

Kurt Kaufmann asked a vew days ago:

>When I create a Mac OS X standalone application and "Get Info" on the
>distribution, I note that it is referred to as a "Classic" application.
>Yet it obviously does not run in the Classic mode.  It also allows the
>ability to adjust its memory allocation, although I checked the "use
>dynamic memory allocation" box when building the standalone.
>-Kurt

I investigated this a bit more and found that "Show Info" under MacOSX

says : "Classic Application" for a new build
and : "Application" for the original Revolution Application

Xray on MacOS X

says : "Classic Application (Carbon for Classic)" for a new build
and : Application (Carbon) for the original Revolution Application

I found that it all has to do with a resource called plst, I changed
it around, copied it from one to the other and could with this
resource change what "Show Info" displayed.
But hat does it do ?!

How can I change my freshly built application under MacOSX so that it uses
the Carbon environment under OS X instead the Carbon environment under OS9 ?

Or is this not the case ?

Very interesting !

Cheers
Rolf