a tip for newbies (like me)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Mar 20 15:58:00 EST 2002

On Wednesday, March 20, 2002, at 01:33 PM, Klaus Major wrote:

>> It seems to me that these would be the same:
>>   put "file:" & it into field "myField"
>>   put ("file:" & it) into field "myField"
>
> Since this is not the "official" syntax, i cannot say what going
> on here ;-)

I was meaning Mark's example "wrong" behavior, copying a string
with "file:" at the front.

My mistake was subconsciously thinking that, of course, the "&"
binds stronger than "url".  A very dumb mistake.

(Years from now people will look at my scripts and ask "Why does he
use parentheses so much?")

Dar Scott