Reading data from COM ports

Olaf Schmidtmann os at brainbits.net
Tue Mar 19 14:47:00 EST 2002

Hi,
I am looking for a way to read data from a COM port continuously. The device
measures electrical resistance and delivers values. Sadly I don´t have any
interface specs so I want to find a way to interpret what I find myself. The
software this thing normally uses is awful!
I don´t know if this is covered by the use of 'read from file "COM<n>:"' I
tested it and didn´t get any usable data although the device works with its
software. Does anybody have experiences with that?
Thank you very much,
Olaf
--
Olaf Schmidtmann