sneak-peek: calendar object

Shao Sean shaosean at unitz.ca
Sun Mar 17 21:13:01 EST 2002

> I will look them up: in general, if there's a built-in way to do
> something I'll give up my home-grown approach.

i was really happy to find the built-in methods, as i was getting a headache
wondering how to handle foreign date information..

> I was about to ask how you determined the system date format...then I
> realized one doesn't need to know that to create a calendar.   :{`)

that took some getting used to.. the actual format of the date is irrelevant
(it wasn't when i originally wrote my initial functions as i was basing it
all off of what was returned from the abbr date)

using the built-in methods, i managed to create more functions/handlers to
do some extra features yet still lower my overall line count of code =)

good luck with your date code, feel free to write off-list if you have any
questions or just feel like sharing something that you think might be
useful.. (someone shared a calender project they worked on, and the way they
setup their calendar dates clued me into a very neat way of doing it, so i'm
going to incorporate it into my calendar)..

i'm hoping to have a release this monday or tuesday, hopefully with all the
features available