Card Properties and editing groups

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Sun Mar 17 20:38:00 EST 2002

Hello all,

I have discovered some strange behavior when editing a group.  It seems
that any reference to custom properties stored in the card are ignored
when editing a group.  Try this (first create some custom properties
cMyObjects on a card):

<paste into a button>

on mouseUp
   put the abbrev id of this cd into lThisCdID
   put the cMyObjects of lThisCdID
   wait 60
   start editing group "Some Group"
   put the cMyObjects of lThisCdID
   stop editing
end mouseUp

<end paste>

...seems that Rev doesn't know about the card props once editing the
group.  I guess it has something to do with groups exhibiting some
'background card' behavior from HC days.  However I don't understand why
I doesn't find the card properties when I have pass it the abbrev ID...
surely this is an absolute ref to the object?

Any ideas?

M@
Matt Denton