Time Field (Please Help)

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Mar 5 18:44:02 EST 2002

on 3/5/02 2:05 PM, David Vaughan at drvaughan55 at mac.com wrote:

> Rob
>
> You can not depend on it fail silently because Transcript is less
> bashful than HC. If the field does not exist then (in the development
> environment) you get an error dialog with "Chunk can't find object to
> store into". Using the if construct avoids that problem.
>
> Of course, you could always set idleRate to 1 second and use the idle
> message rather than send in. Who needs the seconds ticking by anyway?
> Set it to 30 seconds and display hours and minutes.
----------
Another whole approach. I don't know what the overall reason for having the
clock onscreen is, or what platforms the stack(s) need to run on. In my own
case, on a Mac with any system that puts the time in the menubar, I think
I'm just going to leave the menubar and the clock/date visible. I will
delete any other menus, except 'File', which I don't think you can delete,
but maybe you can make it non-functional.

Maybe in Rev, you can delete it, though, since they're just, ultimately,
buttons. Is this true?

Best regards,
Ken N.