Real-time video capture and analysis

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Jun 28 04:09:01 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, at 04:44  PM, Tuviah Snyder wrote:

> I'm working on it... What video functions does everyone need? I'm going
> to use the quicktime sequence grabber for this, but perhaps I'll also
> support the recording using the standard win32 api functions. I assume
> you would like to be able to record a movie..display it on screen as
> it's recorded, and save to a quicktime movie. I'll also be looking at
> all the other video software.

To these and Troy's comments, I'd add:

    - preview (ie display a 'live' video input, without necessarily making a
movie)

    - grab individual frames from a 'live' source as a Rev image, whether or
not the source is being displayed on screen

    - open an existing movie, traverse the media and tracks, read the
properties (timebase etc), retrieve poster frame or frame at a given time as
a Rev image

    - create a new movie, add tracks, add data either from other movies, or
by (in the case of video tracks) specifying a Rev image and the time

    - access to the QT user interface dialogs

Um... and no doubt more!

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866