saving to stand-alones

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Jun 19 11:49:01 EDT 2002

At 9:01 AM -0700 6/19/2002, Cornelia Brunner wrote:
>I need to make a stack to which people can add new cards with new text. How
>can I write a stand-alone stack that saves new text input? The documentation
>tells me that you can't save to a stand-alone. Are there any work-arounds or
>externals anyone has heard of?

There are basically two ways to proceed.

You can save the data in a separate stack or text file. You can either use
the separate stack as your window, or read the data into your standalone's
window at startup (after saving changes at shutdown).

The first approach is best if your application is based on working with
documents (then the separate stack becomes your document); the second
approach is better if the text to be saved consists of preference settings
or some similar data.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/