Transcript - HyperTalk book?

Rik Panero rikp1964 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 12:54:01 EDT 2002

I've stumbled onto Revolution and am trying to make sense of it.  I do not
have a Hypercard background but from what I can tell, Transcript syntax
seems to be closer to HyperTalk than anything else.  Would a HyperTalk
book  be the way to go?  Several are available on my local library's shelf
(though from the late 80s).  Are there any online HyperTalk tutorials (a
Google search hasn't been very helpful) and what pitfalls should I be aware
of regarding HyperTalk vs. Transcript?  I found a Hypertalk vs. Pascal page
which was interesting due to my Borland Delphi background, but tinkering
with the syntax of Revolution scripts (even after doing the tutorials) has
proven to be quite frustrating and the help docs seem to be written for
those "in the know" (and I'm fairly good at deciphering UNIX man pages so I
really suspect there's some disconnect going on here that I need to discover).

Also, is rendering Mac apps on anything other than the Mac platform
impossible, or is it a feature that will be introduced eventually?

      Rik Panero
  rikp1964 at yahoo.com
"If I find a film dull, I find it infinitely more
entertaining to watch the scratches."
Norman McLaren (Animator, b.1914-d.1987)

"Many people find joy in actually doing something
the pragmatist would call useless. "
Dorothy Tanning - the "oldest living surrealist" (b. 1910)