shareware/demoware

Josh Dye Zzyzx at Relia.Net
Thu Jun 13 17:30:01 EDT 2002

You have a good point, Sean.
    I will remember about entering this information into the Agreement. Most
people don't look at that anyways! (At least, I never do...)
This is going to be very complicated to program. Once I get the main Key
Generator done, I will release the Source Code to everyone (Not the same one
that I will use, of course)

If anyone is willing to help me out, just send a line my way. Any ideas,
suggestions, is very appreciated!

 - Josh Dye

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shao Sean" <shaosean at unitz.ca>
To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: shareware/demoware

> > I thought of it as when they register it, the program would send me some
> > information about their computer, and what key they used, to me, via
E-Mail.
> you need to be careful about doing this.. unless you specifically mention
that this will be done and that you have the end-user's constent, this could
be a legal nightmare (unless you live in a country with no privacy laws)..

> > Then, if I saw someone registering with the same Serial Number, I could
use
> considering the serial number is probably linked to other static
information that the end-user needs to type in (ie. name) you may end up
getting someone who does the accidently piracy and installs it on two
computers, but only accesses one at a time (which i don't believe is
illegal, but some people do)..
> to you this may look like someone has leaked their serial to a friend or
something, but in reality they may just be installing that cool piece of
software onto their new computer and giving their old computer to their
children or other relative..