shareware/demoware

Dreamscape Software webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Thu Jun 13 16:07:00 EDT 2002

> What about folks like me who may not want to learn how to write
server-side code?  I plan to use an existing service like Kagi...

If you can't run server side code then you can use Client side (with a
little sneaking around).  Do the compairisons on the client program.  Have a
file on your site containing Serials that are illegal.  Do a line by line
compairison on the client software to check the validity of the serial.

The ultimate problem with Registration codes and software Piracy is that
nothing is completely secure.  There's always a way to hack something.  So
my recomendation is unless your Adobe or Microsoft or something, don't spend
too much time on it.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/