Icon on a slider

Klaus Major kmajor at metascape.org
Thu Jun 13 10:41:02 EDT 2002

Hi Ron,

> The subject says it all...
>
> Is there a way to attach an icon to the sliding portion of a slider
> control?

yes it is. ;-)

> Thanks
> Ron

Oh, you sure want to know how to do it, do you ?!

OK, don't try Joshs advice.

Good idea, won't work unfortunately.

So you have to create a slider from scratch.

To start i will supply a script for an vertical slider.

Check it out, be happy, drop a line and i will supply one for a
horizontal, too.

Maybe you can figure it out on your own.

Here we go:

In my example i use a simple grc for the base (constrain) and a little
image
that acts as the actual sliding-knob with this script (in the image !)

local Scott_is_so_right

on mousedown
   put true into Scott_is_so_right  ## ;-)
## special insider joke...
end mousedown

on mouseup
   put false into Scott_is_so_right ## that's not true ;-)
end mouseup

on mouserelease
   put false into Scott_is_so_right
end mouserelease

on mousemove x,y
if Scott_is_so_right is not true then exit mousemove
## although this is very rarely the case ;-)
     switch
     case x < the left of grc 2
       set the loc of me to item 1 of the loc of me, the top of grc 2
       set the playloudness of player 1 to 0
       break
     case x > the right of grc 2
       set the loc of me to item 1 of the loc of me, the top of grc 2
       set the playloudness of player 1 to 100
       break
     default
       set the loc of me to x, item 2 of the loc of me
       set the playloudness of player 1 to  round((x - the left of grc
2)/(the width of grc 2)*100)
       break
     end switch
   end if
end mousemove

Of course you can take another image for the base, so you can create
really beautiful sliders, even with animated gifs...

Check this out and have fun...

Regards

Klaus Major
kmajor at metascape.org