Text files driving me mad

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu Jun 13 10:10:01 EDT 2002

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 10:56  AM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

>>> I found it slightly confusing that CR (return) and linefeed are
>>> both ASCII 10,
>>
>> I find it irritating.
>
> This was the first message I posted when I bought MetaCard.  I was told
> that
> SuperCard had introduced this error, and MetaCard was maintaining
> compatibility.  I still think it's mad.

It is insane, and has caused us to create a bunch of workarounds, none
of which are what we want to do. Unless I'm missing something about the
way the language "wants" to work, it is particularly difficult to make
sense of certain data streams coming in on a serial port because of it.

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD