Button, menupick and mouseUp

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 10 12:32:01 EDT 2002

I have a optionmenu button which has both menuPick and mouseUp handlers.
When I was working on this before (I think it was the last 1.1.1 beta)
everything worked correctly. Now, when I select the item in the button
the mouseUp hander is not called.

This is what I had before:

on menuPick theMenuItem
   set the label of me to theMenuItem -- put name into button
end menuPick

on mouseUp
   <snip>
end mouseUp

If I add "send mouseUp to me" the mouseUp hander is called correctly.

on menuPick theMenuItem
   set the label of me to theMenuItem -- put name into button
   send mouseUp to me -- Needed to work now!
end menuPick

on mouseUp
   <snip>
end mouseUp

Is this a bug or is it supposed to work this way?

Bill Vlahos