item delimiter

Dreamscape Software webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Jun 5 13:53:03 EDT 2002

*snip*
> If you want to be
> really really really sure, you have to test input and be prepared to do
> something with it.
>
> This is also when a universally visible character comes in handy.  The
> problem with some of the whackier ones including 0 and 127 is that in many
> fonts they don't show up - so the users can't see that they've entered it.

I need to learn how to write better.  This is exactly what I ment to say.
Thanks Ben! :-)

Use a Pipe "|" char and test the input.  Pipe is pretty much accepted among
the people I know in the server world (Unix and Linux).  It looks the same
on almost every platform, and it's easy to test for.  This is my
recomendation 100%. :-)

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/