newbie response

Curry curry at kagi.com
Mon Jun 3 14:30:01 EDT 2002

Kee Nethery wrote:

> So this week I started using Revolution to build a small app that
> connects to a database and grabs some data and displays it. It will
> allow an employee of mine to get data that previously I personally
> would run some SQL to generate. It's not the world's most complicated
> app and it isn't going to save me loads of time but it was a good
> starter. I compiled it for windows, installed it on her machine and
> it works great!
>
> So to everyone on this list, you probably know this already but ...
> REVOLUTION IS WAY COOL!!!

Kee, I had been wondering if there could be a way for Kagi to support reg
code generation in Revolution, maybe as a way of supporting those people who
use Rev, MetaCard, SuperCard, HyperCard, Director, Applescript, and other
similar languages to implement their reg code generator in scripting
language, rather than porting to C or Perl. I was hesitating to ask while I
knew you guys were busy with things like the shopping cart, but since you're
here anyway, I figured I might as well just go ahead and ask!

Anyway, hope you enjoy Revolution as much as I do! I've been on easy street
ever since someone told me about it.

Curry