Virtual PC

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jun 3 09:36:01 EDT 2002

I appreciate everybody's responses.  Success seems to have been
mixed with speed the problem.  (Plus problems with Red Hat.)

I think the suggestion of getting cheap machines is good, but I
have found multiboot testing to be tedious.  I might try a hybrid
approach: quick checks on VPC and extensive testing on a multiboot
PC.  If I get another PC (or more likely upgrade my dev Pc), I may
get VPC for the PC.  Virtual machines run very fast on a PC.  I
think this will be more convenient for testing than multiboot.

I get the impression that VPC will take advantage of G4 features
and of multiple processors.  The help says the biggest speed
factors are processor speed and cache.

Dar Scott