Dynamic Data

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jul 30 11:48:00 EDT 2002

>In a standalone, Revolution will only save the data which was in the stack
>at the time the standalone was created.  Call this "Static Data" if you like
>because it never changes.

Hi Tony,

You should note there is a little more to it than that:

While the "Static Data" never changes as it is stored on disk, it can
be temporarily changed at runtime.

For example: I have a Database Utility standalone to create, edit,
backup, restore, and reindex databases.  My design calls for the
utility to be user-translatable; so preopenStack reads the labels,
toolTips, menu & menuItem names from the main library and sets
control properties and/or contents accordingly.  When the standalone
quits, the updated information is lost.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company