Font Recommendations For Each Platform

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jul 30 11:11:29 EDT 2002

I have come to realize that, although the Profile Manager doesn't
serve my purposes for language translation, it should be an excellent
tool to free my design from font compromises due to cross platform
considerations.

To this point, I have selected fonts based on Richard Herz's
recommendations in an electronic paper re converting from HyperCard
to MetaCard, published in June, 1999.  I've now decided to rerun the
Profile Manager Tutorial and create platform-specific profiles
specifying default proportional & monoproportional fonts (and font
sizes?).

Is there any commonly accepted list of quasi-standard font selections
by platform?

Does the Revolution Development system use such profiles?

if so, (a) what are they and (b) if I adopt them can I achieve my
goal without building profiles?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company