disclosure

peter.fink at tiscali.ch peter.fink at tiscali.ch
Sat Jul 27 04:28:01 EDT 2002

Dear Yves

you have to build a data structure that describes the buttons, their contents
and their state.
you can store the data structure for example as a card custom property.
when a button is clicked, you have to
  lock the screen
  calculate the new positions of the fields and buttons
  set the locs of the fields and buttons to the new positions
  perhaps make invisible fields visible, and visible fields invisible
  store the new state in the custom property
  unlock the screen to show the new situation.

that's how it has to be done. No thinkering with working with the current
positions (except perhaps as not moving a non-changing field).
I hope you have a fast enough computer to do all this on clicking. My guess
is that a PowerPC 601 with 80MHz, or a 68040 with around 50MHz would be
required.
Peter