Button Hilites and Move Command

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Jul 26 08:10:01 EDT 2002

Bill,

For the animation part look at using the send command.  Rather than animating in a repeat loop you would have a handler that would check to see if the object is at it's final spot yet.  If not then the object is repositioned and then sends a message to itself with new coordinates in a certain amount of time.  It may look something like this:

on animateMe newX, newY
    if newX <= myFinalXPosition and newY <= myFinalYPosition then
        set the loc of control "myObject" to newX, newY
        send animateMe newX + 10, newY + 10 in 100 milliseconds
    end if
end animateMe

I have found that the send command creates really smooth animations and allows you to call other commands during the process.

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com