99 bottles of beer on the wall

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Sat Jul 27 02:44:01 EDT 2002

I thought I should make it notionally independent of a field on a card
and changed it to this, which also deals more economically with the
default case (99-->2):
constant singAlong=1
local bottles=99

on openStack
   put bottles && "bottles of beer on the wall." & return
   put "Take one down and pass it around." after msg
   DrinkThem
end openStack

on DrinkThem
   switch bottles
   case 0
     put "There were no more bottles of beer on the wall"
     wait (singAlong * 2) seconds
     quit
     break
   case 1
     put "One last bottle of beer on the wall." & return
     put "Take it down and pass it around." after msg
     wait singAlong seconds
     break
   default
    put bottles into word 1 of msg
   end switch
   subtract 1 from bottles
   send DrinkThem to me in singAlong seconds
end DrinkThem

cheers
David