linking wrapped text

Mark Mitchell mark_mitchell at kmug.org
Wed Jul 24 17:14:01 EDT 2002

Sarah writes:
Don't use clickText. Instead have a linkClicked handler. The linked text
gets passed to this handler as it's parameter, so you should be able to
get the complete link regardless of line wraps.

Wow, thanks Sarah for turning me on to this one.  And to think I was scripting
all that stuff by hand.  I just replaced 20 lines of script with a single line.  Sigh.

Anyway, one question I have:  Once I've set the linkText of a chunk to some string,
where do all these nifty linkText strings get stored?  Are they the equivalent of
custom properties of that field?  It seems like magic that I can have these
potentially very long strings stored somewhere, and yet I don't know where....

mark mitchell
Japan