How to add blank line to end of variable

Burrton Woodruff bwoodruf at butler.edu
Wed Jul 17 09:55:01 EDT 2002

Hi Folk,

I'm using

set the points of graphic "histogon" plotVector

to graph a data set.

Works beautifully except I can't code for a polygon that is not closed.

Transcript dictionary says a blank line at the end of the list of points
will create an open polygon. I want a blank line at the end of the
plotVector so the polygon will NOT be closed. I've tried all sorts of
coding to do this and cannot make it happen.

With "Script Debug" I can put a blank line at the end of plotVect and
the polygon is NOT closed.  None of the following code fragments work.
In every instance the polygon is closed

put the number of lines in plotVect into numlines
put empty into line numlines + 1 of plotVect [does NOT add line to
plotVect}

... stands in for "line numlines + 1 of plotVect
put "" into ...   [does not add a line to plotVect]
put " " into ... [ adds line and the polygon is still closed]
put "," into ... [ adds line and the polygon is still closed]
put " , " into ... [adds line and the polygon is still closed]

put return after plotVect [does not add line and...]
put return & space after plotvect [adds line and the polygon is still
closed]

Help.

Burrton Woodruff
Ripple Software