Commnd-J on menu disappears (???)

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sun Jul 14 17:37:01 EDT 2002

This is strange. I just decided to add some keyboard controls to menu
items I've created with the Menu Manager. One of the menu items is set to
command-J (upper case). When I set this, nothing appears after the menu
item. All the rest of the menu items have command-key equivalents and
work with no problem. "J" just doesn't seem to work. If I use lower case
"j", this works fine, but as soon as I substitute upper case J, nothing
shows up in the menu after the menu item.

Has anyone else run into anything like this? I can use command-J just
fine in a popup menu. It's when I try to add it to a menubar menu (on a
Mac) that it sort of vanishes. Very strange!

I'd appreciate any insight as to what's going on here.

Thanks,

Howard Bornstein