sockets

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jul 9 19:49:00 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, July 9, 2002, at 03:40 PM, Larry Forsgren wrote:

> I need a bit of assistance on sockets. Trying something like
>
>   open socket "mailserver:110"
>   read from socket server until linefeed
>   answer it
>   close socket "mailserver:110"

I assume server contains "mailserver:110".

You can set up some diagnostics.  After each socket command, log
the result, the sysError, and the openSockets to a field.  Make
handlers for socketError and socketClosed and log those calls,
too.  You might as well log the data from read while you are at it.

This can give you a "heads up" that might indicate the problem or
provide details to send to the list.

Dar Scott