numberFormat prop

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Jul 9 18:02:01 EDT 2002

It is often necessary to do a fake calculation to force the numberFormat
to be applied.
Try this script:

   put "123.56789" into theNum
   set the numberFormat to "#.00"
   answer theNum       -- gives 123.56789
   add 0 to theNum
   answer theNum       -- gives 123.57

You can't apply a numberFormat to a field but you can take the number
out of the field, format it and put it back again, perhaps in a
closeField handler.

Cheers,
Sarah