Rev unstable

Roger Amar logram at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 25 13:25:59 EST 2002

Since I got no reply to this msg, I resend it to the list
----------------

Hi Kevin,

I'm new to Revolution, but an old C, Hypercard and Supercard developer on
the Macintosh platform.
I ordered for the Cross-grade Supercard option and just installed
Revolution.
My problem is that I can't use it for the moment, since it's continuously
quitting with error 2 or 3, sometimes when I change properties, or on
testing a very short standalone, when I click the help menu which is the
only menu, called "Aide" in the french MacOS, or with no reason.

I disabled the Input Sprocket extension as recommended with no success.

After half an hour of efforts, I succeeded in building a very small
standalone for Windows.
When I tried to launch it on my PC, this standalone takes about 3 minutes to
appear on the screen every time I double-click on it !

I downloaded the 1.1.1-B1 version which worked 2 or 3 times only and now
can't open anymore : when I double-click on it, only appears the help menu.
When I click this menu, I get quitting when an error 3

My mac platform is :
G4/750 MHz 512 Mb RAM
17" Apple flat display
MacOS 9.2.1 french
Revolution is allowed 24 Mb memory.

CodeWarrior and Supercard work fine on this G4.

What's wrong ???

Thanks a lot for a prompt reply.

Roger Amar