Repeat speed and stripping chars

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Jan 9 13:53:01 EST 2002

At 7:15 PM +0100 1/9/02, yves COPPE wrote:
>I should try and test for speed the following :
>replace theChars with "" in TheText
>
>Hope it goes fast !

With replace you'd have to loop through each of the characters to get rid of. Not that that's a bad thing. It would probably be very fast.

You could also do this in one command with the regular expression syntax. I haven't timed it to see which of the three is fastest. I suspect it depends on the details of how big a string you're working on, and how many characters you want to replace with nothing.

regards,

Geoff