Selected Text

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 26 13:55:01 EST 2002

I would like to move selections from one field to another. What I have
written is to simply show both list fields and clicking a line in one
field adds the information to the other with the following script:

on mouseUp
   put return & the selectedText after field "groups"
end mouseUp

It works but then leaves the selectedText hilited. If I selected another
line then all of the selectedText lines copy again so there are
duplicates. How can I deselect the selecttedText?

I would like to change the cursor to show what it will do. For example,
one field will add the item to the target field but clicking the line in
the target field will delete the line. The built in cursors are not
obvious enough. Is it possible to make different cursors? If so, how?

An alternative to this would be to have the items in the field checked
but I can't figure out how to add a ckeckbox to a field. I would also
like to add other controls to each line of a field but I can't figure
that out either. Is there an example of this somewhere?

Bill