Creating a browser window

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun Feb 24 15:25:01 EST 2002

On Sonntag, Februar 24, 2002, at 09:01 , Prodevm at aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build a simple browser in RR.  However, I cannot figure
> out how to create the browser window; there appears to be no such icon
> on the tools/component palette to do this.
>
> For instance, in Visual Basic there is a WebBrowser control –
> represented by a globe icon that creates a browsing window.

There is no "Browser window" like in VB. Note that both VB and iExplorer
are from microsoft, and that VB uses the build in IE engine under
Windows, such an approach would not work under any other OS, or when
they would split them apart (only four years since the antitrust
started!).
What you can do however, is to show each html page in a simple textfield
with the command:

put URL "file:http://any.url.here.com" into field "myTextfield"

BUT! this will not show anything then text. maybe even the raw source,
im not shure bout that. If thats the case add the following to make rev
show a styled version:

put htmltext of field "myField" into text of field "myField"

When you want to display pictures, tables or anything like that, you
would have to get them from the html-source yourself and make a Stack
which shows the mixed content (could get very complicated if you ask
me). But maybe someone already did that?

Another aproach would be to tell a browser to open the URL for your
stack/app. view the acrobat/applescript topics in this list for input on
that.

hope this helps

BvG