Using Profile Manager--How?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Feb 22 15:09:01 EST 2002

Sorry if this has been asked and answered

I am trying to get some stacks to look like mac os 9 or mac os x. Profile
manager seems to be the way to do this, but it doesn't work as expected. Is
there an easy way to make all the buttons and all the standard fields look
"mac-like"?

Going through the Profile Manager Tutorial I am able to create a profile for
single button, and switch between the default "master" and the newly named
profile... the one button behaves properly.

But then there doesn't seem to be an easy way to apply this globally: the
pull down menu to apply to the card and it's objects only works on the one
button itself, not all the buttons on the card.... selecting all the buttons
and the profile of the one button is dimmed. write a repeat loop to apply
the profile to each button by number  and the result was again that only the
button that had the profile was changed to match the profile...

What am I doing wrong? I was thinking it should be as easy as importing a
"skin" and applying it the stack, but then, obviously one would have to have
that profile/set of profiles already at hand... does one exist?

Thanks!

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org
www.HinduismToday.com, www.HimalayanAcademy.com,
www.Gurudeva.org, www.hindu.org

Read The Master Course Lesson of the Day at
http://www.gurudeva.org/lesson.shtml