Drawing speed

Yates, Glen JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com
Fri Feb 22 11:29:01 EST 2002

Interesting little speed test, I get 102 ticks in MC on a 933MHz Pentium 3,
and 161 ticks on a 400MHz B&W G3 (with Retrospect running in the
background).

Try running in thousands of colors instead of millions, and you should see a
good speed increase from your 265 ticks.

-Glen Yates

Jim Hurley wrote:

>I concede the difficulties in speedily running color vs. black and
>white, and the improvement in the current release is much
>appreciated. However there remains a considerable gap between MC/RR
>and HC. For example, the following script draws concentric boxes of
>ever decreasing size.

<<<code snippet removed>>>