Will the script editing quirks be fixed?

Ian Summerfield iansummerfield at btconnect.com
Tue Feb 19 17:34:01 EST 2002

Am I the only one suffering from the problem of the auto completion of
things like "on repeat" putting the "end repeat" before another line:

Put 1 into x
Put 2 into y

If I type on repeat between the two:

Put 1 into x
On repeat
Put 2 into y

Revolution puts in:

Put 1 into x
On repeat

End repeatput2 into y

It's lost me ages trouble shooting,  often I don't detect it did it, it's
worse when it's the end statement for a handler, I get:

On newproc

End newprocon nexthandler

Which now means nextHandler fails to exist!

I worried me to read 1.1.1 seems close to release,  I would have thought
there are zillions of quirks like this to fix first!  Should we have a few
more beta's?  I keep telling myself all will be fixed when it goes final so
I should live with it.  Will it be much more stable?  I'm using the OS X
release, really because it crashes too often and recovery is fast in X!

-i-