OT: adding OSX

Curry curry at kagi.com
Tue Feb 12 18:33:01 EST 2002

If anyone in the know could reply off-list....

I want to test software on OSX, but my budget doesn't allow buying a new
computer for a while. I'm considering buying OSX alone, and this is where I
need advice. I want to keep my orginal hard drive untouched, and just boot
OSX from another drive now and then for testing or fooling around with OSX
software. Does the OSX package have a CD that can boot the computer on OSX
10.1? Or, can it be installed on a zip drive and use that as the startup
disk? Or would I have to get a second hard drive? (This is iMac Rev B, so
only USB, no firewire.)

Thanks very much,

Curry Kenworthy