graphic radio buttons

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Mon Feb 11 20:04:01 EST 2002

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 10:53 , Rob Cozens wrote:
snip
> I must admit I am surprised, as I've followed Scott Rainey's work to
> accelerate the MetaCard engine since early discussions on the HyperCard
> List.
>
> Rob Cozens
> CCW, Serendipity Software Company

I guess HyperCard accelerated at the same time - on-the-fly compilation
for example. I was not running the 9.2 version of Rev so there may be
some differences consequent on the OS. I got a bit of a surprise myself
as, without timing it, Rev seemed to execute a text massaging task a
little faster than HC (not identical scripts). I have also observed that
Rev receives idle events at half the rate of HC, which may be another
reason not to use them in Rev but may also indicate something about the
engine activity and spare time. I have not found Rev speed any problem
to date.

regards
David