Menu item addition/runtime

Robert Presender rpresender at mail.earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 18:57:00 EST 2002

Hi,
Have come to a standstill in converting my SC appl to Rev because of
a menu problem.

In SC, I can add a menu item to a particular menu by means of a
handler and do the handler of the selected item during
runtime/standalone. It is part of a 'New' routine which creates a new
card, adds its name as an item to an applicable menu which when
clicked will do the applicable routine.

I want to do similarly in  Rev dev/standalone (Rev 1.1.1B1/1.1/Mac OS 9.2.2)

1. create a menu btn with several items (includes menuPick switch
scripts) - no problem, can do

2. create new card  by copy/paste routine of a basic card of a
particular stack - no problem, can do

**3. insert the name of the new card as a new item(after the initial
items) to the menu of 1. above by script.
      Need help here .. . can't find an applicable Transscript ...
must be able to do when standalone ..standalone will be of the 'save
data' method.

**4. add a menuPick switch script (to existing script) for the new
item of 3. above.
     Need help here

Help will be appreciated.
TIA