Revolution much slower then Hypercard

Pierre Delain pdel at noos.fr
Sun Feb 10 18:02:01 EST 2002

I find out with great surprise and disappointment that Revolution is much
slower then HyperCard.
I have a stack with 2163 cards, and a script containing the following loop :

repeat with CV = 1 to NBR
    go card CV
    if fld "ThProp" contains T or fld "proposition" contains ¬
    T or fld "numero" contains T
    then put word 1 of fld "numero" && fld "proposition" & Return ¬
    after IV
end repeat

In Hypercard, it takes about 4-5 seconds to perform. In Revolution, I have
transfered the fields in custom properties in order to make it faster. I use
the following script :

   put the number of cards into CV
   repeat for CV times
      go next card
      if the VTheme1 of this card contains Cetheme or the VProp of this card
contains Cetheme or the VNumero of this card contains Cetheme then
      put word 1 of the VNumero of this card && the VProp of this card &
Return after IV
      end if
  end repeat

It takes exactly 1 minuts 31 seconds!

Is Revolution so slow, or am I missing something?

Pierre